Iceland Geothermal side event 26. April: Benefits of Geothermal Utilization & Globalizing of The Geothermal Value Chain
Iceland Geothermal in partnership with the French Geothermal Cluster are hosting an open event at Reykjavik University to discuss benefits of geothermal utilization & globalizing of the geothermal value chain.
26. April, 09:00 - 12:30
Location: Reykjavík University
Moderator: Ms. Harpa Pétursdóttir, Associate at BBA Legal
SECTION 1 – BASIC CONCEPT AND NATURE OF RESOURCE
- Opening statement – Mr. Philippe O´Quin, French Ambassador.
- Looking back: Historical overview – Ms. Helga Barðadóttir, Senior Expert, Ministry of Industries and Innovation.
- District heating in Iceland – Ms. Hildigunnur H. Thorsteinsson, Managing Director Research and Development, Reykjavik Energy.
- Electricité de Strasbourg – Dr. Albert Genter ES-Géothermie & Alexis Trebaol.
- Short Coffee Break
SECTION 2 - GLOBALIZATION OF THE GEOTHERMAL VALUE CHAIN
- Geothermal Transparency Project (GTP) – Mr. Baldvin Björn Haraldsson, Supreme Court Attorney, BBA Legal.
- The Global Perspective – Mr. Þorleifur Finnsson, Head of Project Development, Reykjavik Geothermal.
SECTION 3 – BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR FRANCE AND ICELANDIC COMPANIES
- GEODEEP and Iceland Geothermal Business Opportunities – Mr. Sylvain Brogle, Directeur de Développement Commerce International, Clemessy.
- Importance of cooperation – Mr. Sveinn I. Ólafsson, Iceland Geothermal Development board & CEO of VERKÍS Consulting Engineers.
- Q&A – Ms. Harpa Pétursdóttir, Associate at BBA Legal.
SECTION 4 – CLOSING
- Opportunities in training and education – Ms. Halla Hrund Logadóttir, Director at Iceland School of Energy at Reykjavik University.
Closing remarks - Mr. Christian Boissavy, President of AFPG and board member of the European Geothermal Energy Council.
More info on Facebook:
Registration - Click here